Nookies Too Chicago
It was a stormy Sunday afternoon I just needed some comfort food. Nookies Too seemed to be the spot. It was crowded but I didn't have to wait because there was a sit at the counter. I seated myself next two nice young men.I'm a New Yorker though and though and usually will be the one to strike up a conversation while sitting at the counter. I use to do that a long time ago when I would frequent Christine's in the East Village, this was one of Allen Ginsberg's favorite places. I use to get the best conversations from Allen. That was then and this is now...
The company of these two men, John and Nick, certainly made my Sunday breakfast very pleasant. But biggest surprise was when the waitress came by to tell me John has paid for my breakfast. Of course I was embarrassed and then overwhelmed. It was so unexpected and so very kind.
Chicago is an extraordinary place with extraordinary people. I think I’m going to really love it here.
Labels: Nookies Too, Omelette
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home