What do you eat when you have the winter blues?
What I'm really looking for is purpose, isn't that what we are all craving? Beside dark rich chocolate now that's a cure for the winter blues.
I also find comfort in pasta. How about rigatoni with broccoli rabe and sweet and spicy sausage? I know I had this sometime this week but I can't remember where. I remember it was HK on 39th and 9th Avenue. It was great.
I also had risotto primavera with chicken at a little Italian place in Chelsea. I was there the other night with Ellen Sragow.
Lately I've been on risotto kick. Looking for a new recipe because I've exhausted Ruth Reichl's recipe for risotta primavera. Maybe that's what I need to shake the winter blues?
I had a turkey burger at the Better Burger in Hell's Kitchen the other day, I thought that would help ease me out the winter duldrums. But I was disappointed I thought I was getting ground meat turkey instead it was white meat paddy charcoal broiled. I asked the clerk at BB who assured me it would be a ground meat turkey burger. I should have ordered the burger.
Maybe a combination of dark chocolate, pasta and meatballs will do the trick?
Labels: cheeseburger, chocolate, ellen sragow, hell's kitchen, pasta, risotto primavera, turkey burger
3 Comments:
em....I eat moon cake.:-)
ahhh I love moon cake!
You can tell non bloggers because they use comments to spam instead of trying to have a relationship.
Food tube looks horrible ---don't bother going there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home