Duck's Soup
Hamden, CT - I had a delicious tour of Connecticut. I had lunch with friends at Duck's Soup. It's amazing! I love this place...actually I'm personally sold on the black bean wrap. There's an spice used in the black beans that's very tasty but I can't see too figure out what it is. My friends insist it's anise. I asked the chef, but she would not give it up. If visiting CT be sure to travel up route 10 in Hamden and dine at Duck's Soup. Be sure to donate a $1.00 for a rubber ducky which aids a fund to prevent cruelty to ducks.
Duck's Soup is open 7am-3pm Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
3584 Whitney Ave.
Hamden, CT 06518
203-281-SOUP(7687)
tags:daily eats, blackbeans, Duck's Soup, tery
Labels: blackbeans, CT, daily eats, duck, Hamden, soup, Vegetarian
11 Comments:
This was [still is] a great vegan cafe. But according to their website http://duckssoup.com/ they are closing in 2008 or changing ownership do to rising cost and economy. The restaurant is now called the Mountain View Café, I think. They offer the same vegan menu as before but with additional meat items now. This restaurant was always a great value for the high quality organic ingredients they used and it was a haven of healthy food in a region that has few vegetarian restaurants. And unlike some vegan restaurants, the food tasted incredibly good at Duck Soup. Hopefully they will be able to continue to provide the high quality of vegan items in the new year.
thanks for the comment Joseph. Oh my god that can't be. I love them! I'm not a vegan but they make me want to be a vegan. Duck Soup has a very yummy menu hopefully the new place will keep to the same standard.
I just ate there today and it is now call Giant's View Cafe (the mountain across the street is called Sleeping Giant). They had two meat items, but all the great vegan and vegetarian stuff from before. And of course the great cookies!
Not even close to what it was. No more organic food, no more perfect pies,no more homemade bread. I ordered a cup of veggie chile, which was not half as good as it used to be, and it was served with a roll that looked and tasted like it was straight out of a plastic bag from Stop & Shop. The person I had lunch with ate a tuna sandwich and felt sick afterwards. And we miss the pictures of the farm animals on the walls! I am afraid I have to go back to Claire's for veggie food, but sadly, they use so much cheese I have a limited selection.
does anyone know if it's possible to still get the cookies? They used to be available on-line as well.
I'm not sure you may want to call them.
Someone asked about the black bean wrap. Try Amy's Vegetarian Organic Refried Black Beans.
It's a match.
I love Amy's. The secret with Duck's Soup black bean wrap is the black beans have fennel seeds in it. OMG it's so amazingly delicious.
It is not the same.
Where is the health department when it is needed.
Please wash your hands before you make my salad. Especially after you just cashed out the women before me.
Is it called Mountain View Cafe? I was in NH last weekend visiting my grandmother but didnt have a chance to see the new place. That's depressing the new place has not lived up to the standards of Duck Soup. I wonder if the owners of Duck soup having seen these comments.
I did perfect the recipe for black beans which I promise to share.
keep going
where is the health department when you need them
before they put the lettuce on my plate i wish they would give there hands a wash
the seen in the ketchen makes me cringe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home