Apr 1, 2007

Christians for the Chocolate Jesus

photo credit: Massimo Gammacurta, for 1010WinsA good friend my mine called me a second ago. She was all excited and kept asking, "Did you see the chocolate Jesus?" She's knows I'm a chocolate lover she also knows about my former Catholic upbringing, though I long since left the Church, I do admire the Elaine Pagels's Jesus.

Being so intrigued and wondering, it is April 1st, could this be an April Fools Prank on this chocolate lover? I didn't hear anything this morning on NPR and I listen religiously. I did some digging and found these articles on the chocolate Jesue also known as My Sweet Lord:


"With Jesus, Do You Eat The Ears First?" by Colin McEnroe, The Hartford Courant.

"
Fire Wasted to Melt Chocolate Jesus", by The Christian Post

"
Chocolate Christ exhibition cancelled", by Ed Pilkington in New York, The Guardian.

Is it so wrong that Jesus has a penis? or is there a problem with Jesus being chocolate?

I think Jesus would find the humor in the sweet edibleness of the body of Christ. I remember those horrible flat tasteless wafers given during Communion.


Photo courtesy of Massimo Gammacurta, article "Chocolate Jesus Exhibition Canceled" 1010 WINS AUDIO: Al Jones Reports.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why's his little special chocolate spot blurred out?

I'm trying to avoid making any nuts jokes here...chocolate, nuts? yeah?

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 , Blogger Tery Spataro said...

Of course we've been waiting for the jokes. Though we are a General audience blog ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home