Sep 12, 2005

Phoenix: Dim Sum at Golden Buddha

Phoenix Daily Eats: Golden Buddha Dining RoomDespite the Phoenix heat, I spent a lovely afternoon with my mother at the Chinese Cultural Center in Phoenix. There are several interesting places to shop: if you need herbs there is a herbalist, to the 99 Ranch Market, to variety stores selling delights from China. All set behind the $3 million the Gardens compliments of COFCO, who imported the Buddhas from China as well as the 10 experts to design this beautiful environment. It truly creates a slice of China in Phoenix.

Much to my surprise the Golden Buddha serves traditional Dim Sum. The modern designed restaurant was buzzing with patrons feasting and elegant Chinese women dressed in traditional costume wheeled the trolleys around offering such exotic treats as sticky rice, Chinese sausage, shiitake mushrooms, bacon, pork and chopped chicken wrapped and streamed in lotus leaf. The pickled seaweed salad is marvelous and very nutritious filled with antioxidants and crunchy! Of course other more known delights like steamed pork buns and variety of steamed dumplings are served too. The Jell-O was heaven in my mouth with a various citrus flavors. My mother and I sampled 7 items and our check was only $21.30, we walked away feeling very stuffed.

If your are as crazy over Dim Sum as I am, this is truly the place for you!

We like to thank Anne, who is a lovely hostess and gave us the history of the Gardens and of the Golden Buddha.

Daily Eats gives the Golden Buddha 5 fortune cookies.
Located:
668 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ
Phone: 602-286-988

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree. My workplace is very close and because I work nights, I stop in at least twice a week for Dim Sum. The Ha Gau and sesame balls are my faves.

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 , Blogger Tery Spataro said...

Thank you for your comments. They have the best and most interesting selection of dim sum.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home